A Launch to Inspire
As it turns out the 104-satellite launch is a world record by ISRO (Indian Space Research Organization) beating the 37-satellite launch by Russia in 2014. Heartiest congratulations to Team ISRO for making the impossible a reality!
This is not about ‘Be Indian, Buy Indian’, ‘Make in India’ or any other nifty slogan to catch the fancy of the masses. It’s about something more vital and meaningful to a large section of the population.
But first, let’s catch up on certain facts of the launch:
- It was only about eight months back, in June 2016, when ISRO set a national record by launching a rocket carrying 20 satellites.From a national record of 20 satellites to an international record of 104 satellites is a very big leap by all counts. What a difference one year can make!
- ISRO’s 104 satellite launch carried only three Indian satellites, the rest 101 were foreign and nano (smaller) satellites from countries like Switzerland, Kazakhstan, Israel, the Netherlands, UAE, among others. The US alone had 96 satellites riding on the launch.India is being seen as a competent power in space programs and pioneers of this field are now banking on Indian to launch their satellites.
- Indian space research program is not only going places, quite literally, but it is achieving this at very competent commercials. Although investment in the recent 104-satellite launch was not made public, ISRO launched an unmanned rocket to orbit Mars in 2013 at just USD 73 million. Compare this to the USD 671 million MAVEN Mars Mission launched by NASA.
ISRO’s rather enviable track record in squeezing expenses without compromising results prompted the Prime Minister to comment in the past that an Indian rocket that launched four satellites cost less than it took to make ‘Gravity’, the Hollywood science fiction hit.
Talk of fact being stranger and cheaper than fiction!
Maximum yet minimal
The Indian Space Research programme holds forth much hope for a developing nation like India. Achieving, rather over-achieving, with frugal budgets is never easy and that is exactly what ISRO has made its hallmark.
The programme proves that maximum results are achievable without breaking the bank. And there is hope for the country to achieve this dual goal in many other areas like science, medicine, technology, agriculture, to cite a few areas.
Aim high, pay low
This brings to mind at least one other area where it’s possible to achieve more by paying less.
And that’s Online Term Insurance.
Like space programmes that can get very expensive, many individuals think of life insurance to be an expensive proposition and avoid it altogether.
While some forms of insurance can be expensive, it is not inherent to life insurance per se.
It is possible to think of life insurance as an affordable option. Just like ISRO has shown time and again, that it’s possible to achieve high flying results at relatively low cost.
Online Term Plans, individuals can opt for a large cover at relatively low premiums. The insurance cover is more affordable and the family is better placed to counter financial uncertainties.
Prefer Online Term Plans that offer riders. Insurance riders are an add-on to the online base term insurance plan, a supplementary cover that is triggered under certain conditions. The rider benefit is in addition to the life insurance cover on the primary life insurance policy. Riders serve to enhance the overall life cover under specific eventualities.
While buying term insurance look for riders that provide additional cover on:
- accidental death
- accidental total permanent disability
- critical illnesses
Next time you are confronted with expensive options for a critical good/service which makes the buying decision daunting, think of the times or areas where super results at reasonable cost is a reality. Think ISRO, think Online Term Plans.
Bajaj Allianz Life eTouch Online Term Insurance Plan, is a regular premium payment, pure term and health cover plan. The plan provides life cover combined with benefit on accidental death, accidental total permanent disability & critical illness and benefit of waiver of premium, depending on the variant opted by you.
Bajaj Allianz Life Insurance company has one of the best claim settlement ratios of 98.1%* & is one of the most preferred brands to invest in for a JiyoBefikar future.
* On the basis of no. of intimated cases. Claim settlement ratio for FY 15-16.
#Note: All above figures are as on 31 March 2016.