Customer Checklist – Know Your Rights and Duties!
As an insurer, we wish to provide you with great, transparent service. Too often customers purchase insurance without knowing the fine-print of the policy and the requisite processes.
In this article, we tell you all you need to know as a life insurance customer!
- Ensure you fill the proposal form correctly and give your complete details.
- Do not sign on a blank proposal form.
- Disclose “all material information” about your health and family history.
- Select the correct term of the policy/ premium you can afford to pay.
- Ensure you give the complete details about the nominee/s.
- Comply immediately in case any additional documents are asked for by the insurance company.
- Check that all the details in the policy bond are correct and as provided by you.
- In case of any doubts/ incorrect information, contact the insurance company’s official immediately for clarification/ correction.
- Pay your premiums regularly as and when due to avoid lapsation or other penalties.
- Any change of address, contact number, nominee, beneficiary should be intimated immediately to the insurance company.
AT THE TIME OF CLAIM
- Death Claim Process
- Maturity Claim Process
- Rider Claim Process
- KNOW YOUR RIGHTS
If you disagree to any of the terms or conditions in the policy, you can cancel the life insurance policy within 15 days from the date of receipt of the policy document.
In such type of cancellation you are entitled to get a refund of the premium paid after deduction of the applicable charges
In case of ULIPs, you can: Make partial withdrawals, Make fund switches, Make premium redirection
For more information on our life insurance products, click here!