What is an Online Pin (O-Pin)?
What is an O-pin and how is it different from your regular login ID and password?
O-pin is the 6-digit online password that a policy holder uses to carry out online transactions, like ULIP Fund Switches, Fund Apportionment, Address Change, Contact Update, PAN update and Frequency Change. Although your regular ID can be used to check your policy details, you require an O-pin to carry out actual transactions on your policy. Thus, the O-pin acts as a password-within-a-password, an extra security layer that you need to pass before you can change the way your policy is being handled.
Is it necessary to have an O-pin? What are its advantages?
It is not necessary to have an O-pin, as the transactions mentioned above can be carried out by going to an agent in person as well. But O-pins carry a huge advantage of convenience over the regular method of fund management. If you manage your funds via an agent, you have to fill in a return form, submit it to THE NEAREST Bajaj Allianz Life branch office and so on, making it a long list of paperwork and procedures that must be completed before your funds are moved where you want them. But if you use an O-pin, you can carry out your transactions anytime, anywhere. Keep in mind, however, that as yet, the O-pin service is not available on our mobile application.
What is the exact process by which one can apply for an O-pin?
Applying for an O-pin is easy and quick. Just follow these simple steps:
- Log in to the Bajaj Allianz Life Customer Portal with your login ID and password.
- Click on the tab that says ‘Apply for O-pin.’
- Download the O-pin application form and print it out.
- Fill in your details and sign the form.
- Submit the form to the nearest Bajaj Allianz Life branch (to the customer walk-in attendant), or send it to the Bajaj Allianz Life Head Office in Pune via post (address it to “The O-pin section”).
If you have changed your address, send a copy of your address proof along with the application form. The mailing address for the Head Office is as follows:
Bajaj Allianz Life Insurance Co. Ltd.
Online Pin Section,
3rd Floor, Bajaj Finserv Building,
Survey No – 208/1 B,
Behind WeikField IT Building,
Viman Nagar, Pune.
Maharashtra – 411014.
How soon can you get your O-pin?
Once the application form (and address proof, if required) has been received at the branch office or the Head Office, Bajaj Allianz Life Insurance will verify the documents and then dispatch the O-pin to you via courier or speed post. The dispatch is usually made within 1-2 days of receiving the application form, or the next day. Thus, you should have your O-pin within 10 days.
How can you track your O-pin request?
You can check with your Bajaj Allianz Life Insurance branch office or call our customer care to find out the dispatch details, in case you have not received your O-pin within 10 days.
How can you cancel, change and recover your O-pin?
- Cancellation: Your O-pin is automatically cancelled when your policy term comes to an end. In the event that you terminate your policy prematurely, your O-pin will be cancelled along with your policy.
- Change: To change your O-pin, log into the Bajaj Allianz Life Customer Portal with your regular login ID and password. At the top of the page is a menu bar, with a tab called ‘My Profile.’ Under it, you will find the option to ‘Change O-pin.’
- Recovery: If you have forgotten your O-pin, don’t worry! It’s easy to recover your O-pin. Just click on the ‘My Profile’ tab and select the ‘Forgot O-pin’ option listed under it. You will be asked to send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org from the email ID that you have registered with us. Once we have verified your details, we will resend your O-pin to you.
Generate your O-Pin in 5 Easy Steps:
- Log into the Customer Portal with the User ID and Password.
- Apply for O-Pin number
- Click on Submit Request for O-Pin.
- O-Pin request will be registered.
- Download O-Pin application form, fill and submit it to Bajaj Allianz Life.